Moxy Hotel and Fresh Student Accommodation planning consent secured.
- The scheme proposed a new 12-storey, 160-bed Moxy hotel.
- Moxy Hotel is Marriott’s boutique hotel concept for the next-Gen traveller. It is a fresh and innovative brand which combines stylish design and approachable service at an affordable price point. A perfect brand for Liverpool.
- The scheme also proposed an 11-storey block of student accommodation; 49 clusters totalling 357 bedrooms with shared kitchen/lounge; and 47 self contained studios.
- The scheme is a refreshing and modern development which whilst being respectful of its local context, delivers a high-quality finished product.
- The buildings will be primarily of brick and the vertical proportions reflect the tall hoist wells seen in the Ropewalks area. The upper levels will be finished in zinc to pick up on the traditional materials used in the roofscape of the conservation areas adjacent and to help the scheme blend into the city’s skyline.
- The scheme will provide a major investment for Liverpool, bringing with it a number of new jobs and a boost to the tourism and education sectors.