- FCH Architect designed scheme proposing new part 5 and part 8 storey, 200 bed hotel;
- Stay City, Europe’s largest independent aparthotel operator;
- Site located within the prominent Ropewalks District and comprises row of derelict, Grade II listed terrace townhouses which front Duke Street Conservation Area and vacant adjacent plot following Council demolition of former building due to being in state of dis-repair;
- Townhouses were some of the earliest merchants’ residences in the City, which originally double as warehouses at the rear;
- Scheme sought to link elements to secure buildings for the future which required partial demolition and careful design to incorporate new high quality contemporary entrance;
- During evolution of detailed design, adjustment in room mix to suit end occupier was secured reducing total hotel rooms to 185.