Zerum were instructed to secure planning consent for the 3rd phase of residential development on a site in East Manchester.
- Zerum also secured consent for Phase 1 – Milliners Wharf (261 apartments) and Phase 2 – Hat Box (144 apartments). Phase 3 relates to the construction of an 11-storey building containing 62 apartments.
- The submitted scheme was the culmination of significant pre-app discussions with Manchester City Council as the prominent location of the site along Pollard Street required a high quality, landmark design solution.
- The result is a visually interesting form of development that is of a very high architectural standard and is contextually responsive, which completes the wider development plot
- The development will provide high-quality residential apartments of varied layouts, of generous sizes and with a good level of accessibility, appealing to a wider variety of perspective end occupiers.
- It will provide a mix of units that will help and encourage first time buyers to get onto the housing ladder.
- The development is ideally located immediately adjacent to a Metrolink stop, for easy access into the heart of Manchester and will provide investment in a priority area for regeneration.