- Client: Estrela Properties Limited / Generation Limited
- Location: Fallowfield, Manchester
- Sector: Residential
- Programme: 2 years
- Procurement: Tendered; Design and Build
- Services: Project Management / Employer’s Agent
The Toastrack project is the conversion of several listed buildings to create a mixed-use development targeting the Build to Rent (BTR) sector. The scheme comprises:
• 151 apartments with a mixture of one, two beds, three and four-bed units. There are three main buildings as follows:
• The Toast Rack – refurbishment of the existing listed seven-story building to include the provision of 62 apartments, along with rooftop gardens.
• The Horseshoe & Drum – refurbishment of the existing listed building to include ground floor retail and ground and first floor apartments totalling 42 apartments.
• The Stitching Block – refurbishment and extension to the existing stitching block building to include the provision of 47 apartments along with ground floor winter garden and parking
• 7,000 sq ft GIA of shell only retail and leisure space
• Ground level car parking spaces
• Residential amenity: private residents gardens, private rooftop gardens, concierge block and further landscaped areas