Redevelopment of former industrial site for a new neighbourhood of 367 dwellings set in landscaped grounds
- A vacant former industrial site adjacent to the Trafford Bar Metrolink station was comprehensively redesigned for 326 apartments of one to three bedrooms and 41 townhouses.
- Comprised of five blocks of seven to ten storeys, the scheme enhances the existing streetscape, reinstating street edges, promoting connectivity and creating a sense of place.
- An amenity ‘clubhouse’ provides space for communal activities and reflects the site’s heritage as the former home of the Northern Lawn Tennis Club.
- A detailed landscaping scheme creates a pleasant environment for residents and a visual amenity for the wider area.
- The impact of the scheme on the wider landscape was carefully considered due to nearby heritage assets.
- The proposal complements the Council’s Civic Quarter Masterplan and broader regeneration objectives.