Zerum acted as planning consultant to gain planning permission to create a state-of-the-art training ground at the football clubs training ground at Gawthorpe. The scheme included the erection of a new indoor training facility with associated outdoor football pitches and floodlighting.
- The site presented a number of challenges, including its location within the Green Belt and its position immediately adjacent to the Grade I Listed Building Gawthorpe Hall.
- The application was accompanied by a full suite of supporting documents including a Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment, Ecological Assessment and a Heritage Assessment.
- A major factor in the decision making process was the ability of the new site to accommodate the population of wintering birds who currently utilise the site.
- Given the sensitivities of the site, discussions were held with numerous local bodies and statutory consultees including, Historic England, The National Trust and the RSPB.
- The building and landscaping were sensitively designed, including the use of natural materials and a green roof.
- The new facility forms the centre piece of both First Team and Youth Academy Teams.