Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park is building on the legacy of the London 2012 Olympic Games through a combination of world class sports facilities, education, new skills, research and innovation, environmental improvements and opportunities for the local community.
- Zerum have advised Scarborough Development Group Limited and Olympic Legacy Park Limited on the redevelopment of the former Don Valley Stadium and surrounding land. This has included the preparation and submission of planning applications for a new community stadium as well as advising on emerging plans for the wider redevelopment of the area.
- The first phase of the regeneration included the provision of a new primary school, advanced well-being research centre and university technical college.
- The second phase comprises the construction of a new community stadium which opened in May 2022.
- Zerum secured planning permission for the development which comprises a new Grandstand facility with associated terraces, office accommodation, conference suite and retail units, which will give an overall capacity of 3,921 in total.
- Planning permission was granted in November 2022 for the construction of new National Centre for Child Health Technology. Shortlisted for Planning Permission of the Year, the building has been designed to address key national strategic priorities in child health including childhood obesity, child and adolescent mental health, cancer, disabilities, long-term conditions and prevention.
- The circa 45,000 sq ft building will feature a range of clinical and informal spaces to designed to allow clinicians, researchers, children and their families to focus on innovations that improve the health of children.
- Further planning applications will be submitted for a new office building, innovation centre and travel hub.
- Proposals are also being progressed for the wider masterplan for the site which comprises further research and development opportunities as well as office and sports provision.