Zerum were instructed by Salford City Football Club to prepare and submit a planning application for a new stadium at Moor Lane, Salford.
- The previous stadium had capacity for 2,163 fans, but due to the forecast growth of The Club and progression through the leagues, The Club needed to increase their capacity to comply with league standards. The new stadium had a capacity of circa 5,000 fans.
- The new stadium sought to challenge the stereotypes of what can be a very unappealing building typology. There was a conscious decision to open up the stadium to the surrounding area and the local community.
- The application process included two Public Consultation events which were very well attended by local residents.
- Redevelopment of the ground has brought a number of positives; jobs to the local area; raised the profile of the Club and Salford; and has brought increased footfall to the area which has had knock-on positive benefits to local shops and pubs.
- The finished stadium provides a family friendly football experience.