Thorpe Park is an important Business Park six miles east of Leeds City Centre, with its own dedicated access off J46 of the M1. Currently 55,700 sq. m (600,000 sq.ft) of high quality office accommodation has been built.
- Zerum have acted for Thorpe Park Development Ltd for several years and have secured planning consents for a range of uses with the intention of meeting the needs of today’s business occupiers; improve the park for both existing and future occupiers and contribute to the economic prosperity of the local community, the wider City and the Region.
- The total scale of the project is c.100 acres and more than 2 million square feet.
- We secured Outline Planning Consent for a Masterplan at Thorpe Park, accompanied by two separate applications for the Manston Lane Link Road in 2014.
- Stand-alone consent was also secured for 300 dwellings.
- We have subsequently secured various amendments to the outline as the retail market has faced significant challenges in recent years and Reserved Matters approval for retail and leisure phase. The Springs was launched in 2018 with the Odeon Luxe Cinema opening in April 2019.
- Consent secured for a further office block within the wider Masterplan area which will be occupied by Lowell, a leading Credit Management Company, who has agreed a 15-year lease to occupy the 12,000sqm office building from 2023.
- The building is of landmark design and constructed in line with the very latest human health and wellbeing standards. Its location and adjacent landscaped courtyard will create an anchor point for the next development plots that will come forward in the near future.